Don’t get me wrong, lots of the food I make is mega healthy. But some of it isn’t! Some times I just love tucking into warming comfort food that’s great for munching on under a blanket on the sofa. Even homemade vegan ‘junk’ food has its place, occasionally!
These sausage rolls tick this box. They are quick and easy to make and are far superior to any shop brought vegan or veggie sausage rolls. They use Sainsburys Love Soya Meat Free Sausages, which are vegan and their own brand ready-made puff pastry. I think these sausages are actually the nicest available at the moment and the pastry is also delightfully crumbly.
Big Cheating Vegan Sausage Rolls
Preparation/cooking time 35-40 mins
1 packet Sainsburys Love Soya Meat Free Sausages, or other vegan sausages (Linda McCartney for example)
1 packet puff pastry sheet (Jus Roll is also butter-free)
Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
1. Cook the sausages according to packet instructions. They can be grilled or oven cooked in 15-20 mins.
2. Spread out the pastry sheet onto your work top.
3. When the sausages have cooked, place one on to the pastry and cut a rectangular strip that is as long as the sausage, that can roll around it and join together underneath.
4. Wrap the first sausage in pastry, pressing the edge together where it joins with your fingers.
5. Cut a further 5 rectangles of pastry from the sheet and wrap up all the other sausages.
6. Place them on a greased baking tray, joined edge on the bottom and bake in the oven for around 15-18 mins. They should be puffed and golden.
7. Enjoy with baked beans, potato waffles and brown sauce! Lovely.