Hello again Lots of Nice Things. I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet lately! I have started working for two very lovely companies, writing recipes, taking photographs and helping to promote their wonderful veggie food – hence my free time for blog writing has taken a hit.
I’m delighted to have teamed up with producers of the finest vegan cheese, Vegusto, and am producing a recipes for their e-newsletter. As well as making the best vegan cheeses I have ever tasted, they also do a wide range of meat alternatives including sausages, roasts, sandwich slices, sauces and mayonnaise. Sign up to their newsletter to receive my recipes twice a month and they also do regular giveaways so you can sample some of the products for free.
I’m also working with The Parsnipship – who produce gourmet vegetarian and vegan cuisine, sold at farmers markets and food fairs across South Wales. As well as shooting pictures for their new website, I am organising a number of cookery classes at their Cookery School. So if you fancy learning more about how to cook your own vegan food, using seasonal produce, come along! The Parsnipship is based at Ogmore Vale, near Bridgend, off the M4 in Wales.
Saturday, April 20: The Big Fat Vegan Cookery Course, 10-4pm (£125)
Thursday, May 16: The Healthy Seasonal Family Cookery Course, 6-9pm, (£50), part of National Vegetarian Week
Email me to book a place.
Wholemeal Rolls with Deli-Style Sandwich Slices and Avocado Hummus
Preparation/cooking time 10 minutes
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
200g/ 7oz chickpeas
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dairy free milk, such as soya or coconut
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 wholemeal seeded rolls
1 packet Vegusto Deli-style Sandwich Slices
½ roasted red pepper, sliced (from a jar) or use raw red pepper
Mixed salad leaves, such as spinach, rocket and watercress
1. Scoop the avocado into a mixing bowl, with the garlic, chickpeas, olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Blend the ingredients with a hand blender, or in a food processor, until they are smooth. Add in the dairy free milk to help the hummus become smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut open the rolls and spread all sides generously with the hummus.
4. Place two Vegusto Sandwich Deli Slices on top of the bottom halves of each roll, followed by pieces of sliced red pepper and a handful of mixed leaves.
5. Bring the four rolls together and serve on a plate with a salad garnish.