Coconut & Almond Flapjacks
Makes around 12
- 85g vegan margarine, like Vitalite
- 45g dark brown sugar
- 45g demerara sugar
- 55g golden syrup
- 100g rolled oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 40g chopped almonds
- 30g chopped dried apricots
- 30g chopped crystallised ginger
- 30g sultanas
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Melt the margarine, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, then stir in the hot melted liquid with a wooden spoon, making sure everything gets a good coating.
4. Grease and line a square baking tin with parchment.
5. Spoon the flapjack mixture into the tin and smooth down evenly with a spatula.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and set.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares to serve.